Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Antenna Tower height ...

wrote in message
We have a triangular Antenna tower that is about 40 years old and stands
about 30' high. I climbed 1/2 up to repair that security light that was
mounted on it, but was Leary about climbing the entire height to work on
the antenna.

Should I be concerned about climbing all the way to the antenna ? its not
rusted out, but I am just concerned about how well its anchored in
concrete.
I was not there when it was erected, so I don't know if they secured it
w/cables while attaching the upper sections and antenna.

Are those antennas designed to hold the weight of a 200 lb person at the
top ?

Yep, and plenty of mates of mine have done that with their towers.