Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim Schwartz[_2_] Tim Schwartz[_2_] is offline

Default Reliablest cars

On 8/1/2020 6:11 PM, Trevor Wilson wrote:
On 2/08/2020 3:53 am, Chuck wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 13:14:41 -0700, John Robertson
wrote:

On 2020/07/31 11:59 a.m., Terry Schwartz wrote:
On Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 1:36:58 PM UTC-5, Martin James Smith
wrote:
Hi all,

Say I wanted to buy the most reliable new compact car on the market
right now, the one least likely to ever break down on me in the
future, what would it be?

cheers,

MS

Is "reliablest" even a word?

How is the Lada doing these days? I recall when everyone was talking
about the little Russian car...

John ;-#)#

When I was in Iceland in 2000, there were quite a few Ladas on the
road plus Lada Nivas (a sturdy 4 wheel drive jeep-like vehicle.) A
documentarian,who filmed on the country's glaciers, claimed they were
far more reliable than Jeeps.

**Yeah, well, that doesn't mean much. Jeeps are always at or near the
bottom of the list in reliability surveys. They often swap positions
with Fiat and Alfa.

Well, now that FIAT owns Chrysler who owns Jeep, some Jeeps (I believe
the Renegade in the US market) are MADE by FIAT, - in Italy, and shares
a platform with one of the FIAT 500 SUV's, so why wouldn't Jeep be right
up there with FIAT?

Best regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics