Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rob[_40_] Rob[_40_] is offline

Default Reliablest cars

John-Del wrote:
On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 1:19:23 AM UTC-4, Trevor Wilson wrote:
On 1/08/2020 6:14 am, John Robertson wrote:
On 2020/07/31 11:59 a.m., Terry Schwartz wrote:
On Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 1:36:58 PM UTC-5, Martin James Smith wrote:
Hi all,

Say I wanted to buy the most reliable new compact car on the market
right now, the one least likely to ever break down on me in the
future, what would it be?

cheers,

MS

Is "reliablest" even a word?

How is the Lada doing these days? I recall when everyone was talking
about the little Russian car...

John ;-#)#

**Well, Lada copied Fiat (under licence, I believe), so, that answers
that question. The Italians are renowned for building the least reliable
cars and the Russians made them worse.

--
Trevor Wilson

LOL I never owned an Italian car and there aren't all that many here in the States either. My dad spent some time in England during WWII while on leave, and he always said the English loved the Italian cars even though they hated the Italians.

The only car I can recall that was truly a rolling toilet was the Yugos imported to the States during the '80s.

The Italians are probably the only remaining country who still haven't
managed to produce reliable cars.
In the past, there were several countries that had quite a bad reputation,
e.g. cars from France would appear to be nice but would always rust very
quickly and their technical gadgets would be unreliable.

But that has changed. My French (Peugeot) car is now 16 years old and
it does not rust and is reliable.

However, Italian cars still are a disaster even today.