Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_3_] Dan Espen[_3_] is offline

Default Fluorescent tube (replacement)

writes:

I had no idea that LED replacements for florescent tubes lasted forever!

Depending on your age, you have a very good chance of that tube
outlasting yourself. Or, you may move before the tube gives up.

I replaced 4 tubes in a plant light with LED tubes. Before this,
I'd replaced the florescents more than once. They would noticeably dim
after a few years. I've had the LEDs in there for about 10 years now.
No degradation, and the color temperature is very pleasing.

I recently replaced all my outdoor house lighting. There are no bulbs
at all. The LED is built in to the fixture. They expect the light
to last as long as the fixture.

I replaced my kitchen can light fixtures. I had LED bulbs in there,
but the new ones were even better. Again, no bulb, but also no
opening into the can. Each fixture had a switch in it so you
could pick the color temperature you wanted. (5 different colors
to choose from.)

LEDs are not only more efficient and last longer, they are way more
attractive.

--
Dan Espen