Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Cutting fibreboard 12mm

On 01/08/2020 13:57:46, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 13:27:07 +0100, Fredxx wrote:

On 01/08/2020 11:57:24, newshound wrote:
On 31/07/2020 20:10, Fredxx wrote:
What's the best way?

The original sheet was cut by saw, but is there an alternative way for
cutting out a small sheet 3ft x 2ft?

Do you mean fibreboard? 12mm will cut with a Stanley knife.

Straight or curved cuts?

Straight cuts.

I did try a Stanley knife and while it scored the surface I wasn't
confident it wouldn't be "pinched" as the blade got deeper.

This is the stuff:

https://www.wickes.co.uk/STS-Constru...-12mm/p/225437

Oh, 'cement fibreboard', not 'pin / notice board fibreboard' (what
many people might think if you just say 'fiberboard' and without any
context of the suggestion of usage).

I've used an old panel saw and jigsaw for curves.

Sorry for the confusion.

It seems that cement fibreboard blades for circular saws have few teeth,
on the basis there is less dust.

I will probably use a conventional TCT blade making sure I'm upwind from
the dust cloud.