Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default liquid tight connector to pvc conduit

On 7/30/2020 5:24 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 11:26:11 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 5:15:52 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I want to connect liquid tight tubing to PVC conduit. Searching online I see a lot of Poly tubing connectors w/compression on one end and with a threaded end for a box, but I want to go to a straight piece of conduit.
So what I want is a Poly to PVC conduit coupler.

Don't know if I am looking in the right place or not.
Searched the web, big Orange and big Green, but no success.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

I don't see a heat-gun on Harbor site for $10, I do see 1 for $15 by Warrior ? Menards has a gun for $20 by WEN that comes with a case.
Menards and HD also carry 3/4" AFC metallic cable w/O.D. of 1" that could be shoved down the middle to help the 1-1/4" PVC hold its shape during bending ?
In one of the U-Tube videos on PVC-bending the author stated that one of the best features to look for in heat-gun is the ability to stand-up on its back, leaving you both hands to hold your work. (Hard to tell if the WEN or Warrior will do that from the pics on-line)

Project:
40 years ago, when our Antenna tower was erected, the contractor took a short-cut, at about 9' AGL he strung the wires straight across to the the house from the antenna tower. The antenna tower is about 10' feet from the house, and the sidewalk for the side entrance to the house (the one everyone uses) runs underneath it.

I want to take the eyesore down and run the wires directly to the ground and bury them and run them to a discreet location for entrance to the house.
So right now, 3 wires: 14-2 to power the dusk-to-dawn security light, Coax for the antenna, and multi-pair for the rotor. I can direct-bury the 14-2, but the other two I don't want to in case I need to replace them and/or add another.

How many custom bends do you need to make for this small project? If it's
just a couple, like I said, I've heated PVC over a gas stove burner.
Gas grill? Or you could use a propane torch. Experiment on a scrap piece.

Even a hot hair dryer might do it.