Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stone sealers

On Friday, 31 July 2020 19:44:33 UTC+1, TimW wrote:
On 31/07/2020 19:40, Jimk wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
On 30/07/2020 21:53, TimW wrote:

I have laid some natural limestone floor tiles, very pale, porous and
open grained. I haven't grouted yet and I am thinking I should treat
them with something before I drag coloured grout across them, which is
the recommended procedure. I left topps tiles without buying their
sealant already shocked at the price of all the 'extras' . I wondered if
I might use something cheaper, since this is only a little patch of
stone floor in an outbuilding and not an area of heave wear.

So what is a stone sealer? like a varnish? synthetic? oil? PVA? Acrylic?
wax? What would enhance the appearance of my limestone and make it
easier to clean? preventing the grout from staining it while allowing
the grout to stick itself in the joins?

TW

It's alright I found the screwfix own brand no nonsense stuff and bought
it. Still have no idea what it actually is and does. It's like a strange
water repellant, milky thing.

TW

I already told you the market leading good stuff... killfile
strikes again?

I already told you I was looking for something cheap and adequate so you
were wasting your breath.

TW

he always is. Let's hope you're right and by some miracle it turns out to be adequate.