Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Do I need a lot of gravel under concrete?

On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 01:39:53 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I just had a a question.
Do I need a lot of gravel under concrete for my driveway. I live in California
and get no extreme weather changes and I know this can matter in the long run.
I have a guy putting concrete in our driveway, which is on a slope,
used minimal gravel and rebar. Should this matter? Or should there be more gravel?
Please help. Thank you

Your written agreement with the contractor should specify the details
of the job ? No written agreement or quote ?
... is he the cheapest guy ; talks real confident and friendly and
brags about his great workmanship - can start tomorrow ;
shows up in a beater pick-up with no business markings . ?
Hope you didn't hire that guy.

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/recomm...way-94257.html

https://www.familyhandyman.com/list/...free-concrete/

https://www.concretenetwork.com/conc...ys/basics.html