Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4 DHJ ... Jim GM4 DHJ ... is offline

Default Septic tank

On 30/07/2020 18:43, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jim GM4 DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 30/07/2020 09:45, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 29/07/2020 22:16, Tim+ wrote:
Andrew wrote:
On 29/07/2020 18:20, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
On 29/07/2020 17:03, Ophelia wrote:

"Scott"Â* wrote in message

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 17:27:40 +0100, Muddymike

wrote:

Recent post about septic tank produced a lot of hot air. Just
wondering
how many on this list actually live in a house served by a
septic tank?

I liked the story (which I hope is true) about the couple asleep in
their camper van when they heard sounds of a disturbance
outside.Â* It
turned out someone was attempting to syphon the fuel but syphoned
the
septic tank instead :-)

===

Â*Â*Â* LOL serve them right )))
cesspool

How do you 'syphon' anything from a tank that is below ground ?.

I assume whats being referred to is a motorhomes waste tank (under
the
floor of the motorhome) rather than a true septic tank.

I think the story is an urban legend though. Motorhomes often have
fresh
water tank fillers that look a bit like fuel tank caps but grey
water (or
toilet waste) drain taps could not be mistaken for fuel fillers.

Canal boats however DO have waste tanks with stoppers almost
identical to
their fuel tank fillers (a screw in brass plug).

Tim

just noticed yesterday my car fuel tank has an anti-syphon device
fitted in the neck which won't let you tip the tank up to empty
it...... simple device

or perhaps on further thought is to stop the fuel going the wrong way
for whatever reason ????????????....three hinged triangular flaps
which shut in a frame when you tip the tank upside down....but let
fuel through when filling??????

Maybe its meant to work better in a rollover which loses the petrol cap.

thinking that if it was just to stop syphoning it wouldn't have the
three wee triangular one way flaps....