Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Reliablest cars

On 2020/07/30 2:24 p.m., Jon Elson wrote:
wrote:

How high is "UP"?

About any vehicle above a minimum standard will last, effectively forever
with proper maintenance and appropriate driving techniques.

Well, we had several "US label" cars that needed a lot of work, both under
warranty and after warranty expiration. Stuff like engine block water
leaks, AC constantly leaking refrigerant, $3000 transmission overhauls, and
on and on, even before reaching 100K miles.

My 1994 Mercury Villager soccer-mom/dad van has almost 300K kms on the
odometer, no major engine work that I know of, but I bought it used
about ten years ago....

Mind you one of the engine mounts has split.

John :-#)#