Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Power feed problem

On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 17:18:17 -0500, Snag wrote:

I have a Central Machinery (HF) power feed on the X axis of my RF45
clone mill and it's acting weird . Works fine on the fast move button
but the speed settings are messed up . It doesn't start turning until I
get to "2" on the dial and by the time it's up to 3 it's going full
speed . It just started yhis , today is the firt=st time I've seen this
. When it was working right it would start before I got up to one and
would ramp up perfectly as i turned it up .
Am I looking at a bad rheostat or maybe just dirty ? Should be clean
, that unit is sealed up tight - but ya never know .

Got a bad pot ..rheostat.

Open and spritz the pot with cleaner. However..it may be bad..so check
with any online sorce for new potentiometer.

Gunner
__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.