Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Stick welding revelation

williamwright wrote:
On 29/07/2020 02:06, John Rumm wrote:

So moral of the story, I wish I had gone for something like it years
ago, and I now have a new found respect for IGBT inverter arc welders -
they make the whole process quite civilised!

Tell me exactly what to buy. Seriously. The welder I bought for £50 in
1976 is beginning to get on my nerves a bit.

I have an old (very old) 140 amp AC/transformer stick welder and a
fairly new (year or so old) 140 amp inverter based stick welder. The
difference is huge! It's so much easier to strike with the new one
and it makes neater welds as well. It actually makes stick welding
almost a pleasure! :-)

--
Chris Green
·