Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default feckin' windows 10

On 28/07/2020 14:46, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 12:45:10 +0000, jon wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 08:51:39 +0100, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:

anybody just had an update and now their mouse has stopped
working?.....did this not happen before?...fecked up a load of
drivers?.....hate bloody computers...

In December 2019 I stopped all updates and telemetry from Microsoft.

Unless I'm missing something spectacular, is there such a real *need* to
run Windows anymore ?

The only Enterprise piece of software really lacking is Outlook.

Especially since you can run a stripped down windows in a small virtual
machine for the few programs that you need that will only run on that
platform..

Only people who need a native windows are the real time game players
where direct access to massively expensive video hardware is de rigeur...

Josef Stalin