Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4 DHJ ... Jim GM4 DHJ ... is offline

Default feckin' windows 10

On 28/07/2020 11:42, Paul wrote:
Scott wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 08:51:39 +0100, "Jim GM4 DHJ ..."
wrote:

anybody just had an update and now their mouse has stopped
working?.....did this not happen before?...fecked up a load of
drivers?.....hate bloody computers...

I once had something similar (not a W10 update).Â* The mouse was
cordless and the dongle was in an additional USB port rather than the
main one.Â* It turned out the additional port was not recognised at the
start and moving it to the 'main' port instead resolved the problem.

No, the thing Jim is seeing, has happened before.
Many releases of Windows 10 have had the problem.

I've had different mice on the Test Machine and
the serial (RS232) mouse always worked. Occasionally
one or both USB mice would disappear.

This used to be traceable, to leaving your "allow
Windows Update to mess up your drivers" tick box.
If stuff like that is unticked, there's less trouble afoot.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

Â*Â* (Picture)

https://www.tenforums.com/attachment...ings_10565.png

But I don't have a particularly magical method of restoring mouse.
Not a "surgical" method. The mouse is broken, and not everyone
has an extra mouse to plug in and try and tip things upright.

Jim would not like the other methods I have in mind.

*******

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* mouse can move the cursor for you. If you have multiple
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* mice, you might well get lucky and have a working mouse
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* again.

Â*Â* Paul

got a ps2 moose and socket ? ....