Posted to uk.d-i-y
George Miles George Miles is offline

Default Flat roof question.

On Monday, July 27, 2020 at 4:55:34 PM UTC+1, Michael Chare wrote:
Recent rain has shown my flat roof is leaking. It's part of a conversion
built about 30 years ago. Very nicely built - the correct lie etc and
marine ply decking, and lead flashing. Think it is three layer. Size
approx 5x5 metres.

Any of the modern alternatives better? Membrane or fibreglass? And a rough
idea of relative costs would be nice too.

Access is easy, but it's never walked on etc except for any maintenance..

For a flat roof on a double garage the quote was £2100+ vat for EPDM,
part of one joist and removal of old material.

--
Michael Chare

Check out the price of a kit from Permaroof if you do it yourself,
its not difficult.
And because it comes in a single sheet you dont have to do it all in one day,
you can drape the sheet over before gluing if it rains,
and stick one edge on day,
the rest another day.

It took me months to do parts of my house roof with it because so many corners

[g]
[g]