Posted to uk.d-i-y
George Miles George Miles is offline

Default Flat roof question.

I've been using EDPM,
went on a one day course to learn how to do the corners.

https://www.permaroof.co.uk/rubber-roof-videos

It's easy to repair with its special primer and glues and patches, like when i dropped a slate on it.

Made by firestone , Ultra violet resistant.

Normal shed roofing only lasts a few years.
Lead has to have gaps for expansion where nwater dirt and ice get in.

And while youre at it add loads of insulation under it.

I did OSB3, then kingspan attached with foam, then OSB3, then EDPM

George

On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 1:36:08 PM UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Recent rain has shown my flat roof is leaking. It's part of a conversion
built about 30 years ago. Very nicely built - the correct lie etc and
marine ply decking, and lead flashing. Think it is three layer. Size
approx 5x5 metres.

Any of the modern alternatives better? Membrane or fibreglass? And a rough
idea of relative costs would be nice too.

Access is easy, but it's never walked on etc except for any maintenance.

--
*I tried to catch some fog, but I mist.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.