Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default craftsman 1 1/2 HP router good ?

I still own two of the Craftsman "Commercials" similar to what you
describe.Â* Trigger in the grip handle that mechanically triggered the
switch in the motor housing via a black covered cable.

My father bought it ca 1964 and gave it to me.Â* Bought another at a
garage sale about 17 years later.Â* One of them is still mounted in a DIY
router table that I built.

These were made, of course, before Craftsman became Crapsman! LOL!

Speaking of old Craftsman, I have a pipe cutter and set of dies and
handle that were my grandfathers dating back to the 1930s that is as
good as any Ridgid.