Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default craftsman 1 1/2 HP router good ?

On 7/20/2020 2:39 PM, dpb wrote:
On 7/20/2020 2:12 PM, Leon wrote:

And 26 years ago and a bit further the collects did not hold well on
the Craftsman routers.

Never a problem on the ones I had/have that are at least that old...

Doesn't say some models may have had problems but I never ran across it.
Â*Still use the 1/4" fixed base one now and then for smaller stuff.Â* I'm
not sure whether the 1/2" is still around or not, even.

I've always liked the 1/4" a lot -- very nice handles w/ integrated
switch, the top is flat like a pancake so can just set it down upside
down w/o worrying, has spindle lock for changing bits, ... all could ask
for in an inexpensive tool that has lasted 30 years, probably.Â* Couldn't
begin to say when actually got it.

--

I actually had a couple of Craftsman routers, the second with 1/4"
collect did slip. AND IIRC it was a single wrench collect, that may