Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default What's your game changer?

On 7/18/2020 2:25 PM, dpb wrote:
On 7/18/2020 12:23 PM, Bob D wrote:
On Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 4:19:27 PM UTC-5, dpb wrote:

Somewhat parallel, but since am older than most redwoods, the Powermatic
Model 66...every bit the saw of SS in mass, balance, etc., but w/o the
then 35 year in the future safety features.

I am in full agreement with your view of the PM66.Â*Â* The sawstop
industrial saw was the closest i could get to a pm66 with sawstop
safety features.

Be interesting if anybody else starts pushing the envelope on the
expiring patents over next few years...surprised weren't more efforts
than have been for workarounds...

They would have to build a quality saw to compete with SS. I can see
Powermatic doing that but no other American brands.

Of course, everything else now off-shore w/ no margins for R&D doesn't
lend to more than minimal product evolution rather than real innovation.

LOL Well I responded above before reading this. Totally agree.