Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default What's your game changer?

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message

Being dedicated to doing things with hand tools (mostly because I
lack space or money for much in the way of power tools) I early on
came to an understanding why it is called wood _work_ and why power
tools were invented.. Ripping one board with a hand saw is "cool" as
an exercise. Ripping a bunch - that's why power tools were invented.

Yup... ripping a bunch is why I got the power feeder. It's going on the
table saw first, then the jointer, and then the shaper for the flooring
project. For the architectural trim project it will go on the table saw and
jointer... from there the wood is going through my planner/molder. I did
use a hand rip saw recently to rough out a new axe handle from ash... a
bearing failed on my bandsaw and rather than wait for the parts I did the
whole thing with hand tools. A fun little project to rehab an axe head I
got off Craigslist for $5... 3.5 lb. Michigan pattern that I turned into a
felling wedge beater for tree falling... it's plenty sharp for chopping too.