Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default What's your game changer?

On Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 10:02:38 AM UTC-4, Michael wrote:
On Monday, July 13, 2020 at 1:32:07 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, July 13, 2020 at 12:53:27 PM UTC-4, Michael wrote:
On Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 9:00:15 PM UTC-5, Puckdropper wrote:
Michael wrote in news:fc32b268-2ca3-4e5f-9816-
:

On Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 11:18:37 AM UTC-5, Bob D wrote:
This may be an old topic but I am too lazy to search for it.

Norm Abrams.

Roy Underhill.

I saw hand planes working properly for the first time on his show. Wow.

Puckdropper

I learned all the basics from Norm. Gluing, joinery, and so on.

'and so on' includes "just a few brads to hold the joint together while the glue dries". ;-)

I don't know if it was before or after Norm, but I had one of those tables where you mounted a circular saw underneath, probably from Sears. It sounds really dangerous now, thinking about it.

The Hirsh Saw Table. I still have the base from mine, but I covered the ribbed
top with a smooth piece of plywood. I haven't used it in a while, but it makes
a decent portable work table. Still out in the shed.

https://i.imgur.com/lK2DpCX.jpg

It's incredible to see that! Thanks for posting the picture. It still looks dangerous as ever.

It did have one cool safety featu The shut off bar that ran across the
entire front. Assuming it was put together correctly (mine was) you could
hit that bar at any point and it would shut the saw down.

Now, pair the Saw Table with a $30 Craftsman circular saw and you could give
SawStop a run for it's money. It would be hard to tell the difference.