Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Tommy Mac - rough exit from 'Rough Cut'?

On 7/13/2020 1:55 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, July 13, 2020 at 12:56:40 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 7/12/2020 11:56 PM, wrote:
I found Tommy one afternoon on PBS and was hooked from that episode on. I loved hearing about his family, his life, how he came across like he was the guy next door just shooting the breeze. Very natural. I thought his projects were interesting, useful and just possibly doable. I didnt take shop class in school but my grandpa was a carpenter. Tommy made it make sense. Im sad things turned sour. Im not surprised at PBS. They are not nice people. The PBS reporter is always race baiting the president. Goes with the liberal media. I hope someone steps forward and gives Tommy another chance. The new guy just isnt my cup of tea.

New guy?? What new guy? Is Rough cut still on?
FWIW I did not care for Tommy, that's just me. On the flip side, I
liked Bob Vila. Hated the one after Bob and really like Kevin.

I have a Samsung Smart TV. It comes with some sort of "free TV" app. Actually
called "TV". A couple dozen channels of DIY, cooking, home design, etc.

Me too. I'll have to look into that. I too actually use a Roku along
with Tablo. I get about 65 local channels many of which are the subsets
like 2, 2.1, 2.3, 2.4 etc. Our PBS channel 8.1 IIRC gets TOH, American
Woodshop, WoodSmith, TOH TradeSchool. Untill I went back to over the
air with the TABLO I was only getting current TOH, AND Ask TOH.

1209 is the "This Old House" channel. 24 hours of TOH and ATOH. Mostly
old stuff, but all after Kevin took over. "Modern" up until just after Roger
got sick. So you have episodes with a healthy Roger, a slowing Roger with
Jenn, and sometimes just Jenn.

Looks like Rodger is showing up more recently.

Unfortunately there's no DVR feature, Pause, FF, etc. In addition, they
apparently only bought a few series (maybe a dozen?) of this TOH so I think
I've seen them all already. The same goes for ATOH.

Tablo does have DVR and the ability to record 4 channels at once. The
DVR records to a separate 2 TB WD HD.