Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob D[_2_] Bob D[_2_] is offline

Default What's your game changer?

On Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 9:00:15 PM UTC-5, Puckdropper wrote:
Michael wrote in news:fc32b268-2ca3-4e5f-9816-
:
On Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 11:18:37 AM UTC-5, Bob D wrote:
This may be an old topic but I am too lazy to search for it.

Norm Abrams.

Roy Underhill.

I saw hand planes working properly for the first time on his show. Wow.

Puckdropper

I have to agree. Like many, I have acquired my handplanes, some new but most used. The real eye opener was an early 1900's stanley jointer plane. After sharpening and tuning, it performs miracles. I frequently use it instead of firing up my powermatic jointer. That sounds crazy when I write it. So I guess its a game changer.