Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default What's your game changer?

On Monday, July 13, 2020 at 12:53:27 PM UTC-4, Michael wrote:
On Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 9:00:15 PM UTC-5, Puckdropper wrote:
Michael wrote in news:fc32b268-2ca3-4e5f-9816-
:

On Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 11:18:37 AM UTC-5, Bob D wrote:
This may be an old topic but I am too lazy to search for it.

Norm Abrams.

Roy Underhill.

I saw hand planes working properly for the first time on his show. Wow.

Puckdropper

I learned all the basics from Norm. Gluing, joinery, and so on.

'and so on' includes "just a few brads to hold the joint together while the glue dries". ;-)

I don't know if it was before or after Norm, but I had one of those tables where you mounted a circular saw underneath, probably from Sears. It sounds really dangerous now, thinking about it.

The Hirsh Saw Table. I still have the base from mine, but I covered the ribbed
top with a smooth piece of plywood. I haven't used it in a while, but it makes
a decent portable work table. Still out in the shed.

https://i.imgur.com/lK2DpCX.jpg