Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael[_24_] Michael[_24_] is offline

Default What's your game changer?

On Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 9:00:15 PM UTC-5, Puckdropper wrote:
Michael wrote in news:fc32b268-2ca3-4e5f-9816-
:

On Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 11:18:37 AM UTC-5, Bob D wrote:
This may be an old topic but I am too lazy to search for it.

Norm Abrams.

Roy Underhill.

I saw hand planes working properly for the first time on his show. Wow.

Puckdropper

I learned all the basics from Norm. Gluing, joinery, and so on. I bought Norm's books and made several things in them. The bookcases are still around here.

I don't know if it was before or after Norm, but I had one of those tables where you mounted a circular saw underneath, probably from Sears. It sounds really dangerous now, thinking about it.

Yes, Roy Underhill for me also with hand planes. (Norm never used them.) And then later Paul Sellers.