Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Warped Bamboo Cutting Board - Can It Be Flattened?

On Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 12:51:07 PM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Can this be fixed? If so...how?

https://i.imgur.com/1MVvQMW.jpg

I first noticed it this morning and when I asked SWMBO, she said the same
thing. She doesn't recall soaking it or leaving it in a shallow puddle or
anything like that. One day it was flat, then it wasn't.

I just remembered that I forgot to post the solution to the warping issue. It
worked for all 3 cutting boards:

Ignore it and it will go away.

One day, maybe a few weeks after the warping suddenly appeared, I pulled out
one of the bamboo cutting boards and realized that it was completely flat. I
checked the other 2 and they were flat also. Been that way for a couple of
weeks now.

We don't know when they flattened out because we've been using other cutting
boards. Now we're back to using the bamboo ones.

How come when I ignore most other problems they don't just go away?