Julie

Default Moenstone Sink

"Mike" wrote

Have you found that you need to be real careful when dropping
silverware or other metal pans and such into the sink?

Me? Careful? Wrong girl . No, not particularly ...

True confessions time, I was a little less careful than I should have
been when I went to knock out a 4th hole. Broke the shoulder off the
sink, when I hit the sink instead of the knockout (duh). Kind folks at
HD even took it back (!). Next sink, I used the ball peen hammer, as
suggested in the first place.

I think the acrylic makes it less brittle - protects both the sink, and
the glasses you drop in it (none broken yet!). To answer your question,
I haven't noticed a thing, in terms of scratches. I did notice that
after rinsing out painting brushes, some of the paint was harder to dig
out of the sink's texture, but it came out.

Just realized tonight: between the ceramic flattop stove, the granite
counters, and the sink ... I can put hot stuff ANYWHERE! Weird feeling.

If I weren't such a stupid HD lemming, I'd have liked the grey FHP sink.
I do like the one I've got well enough, tho. So, go for it!

JSH

going climbing tomorrow, darnit!