Mike

Default Moenstone Sink

Julie,
I went and looked at a higher end Blanco Silgranit sink today which is the
same 80/20 construction as the Moen and the Pegasus. My girl friend couldn't
wait to sink her fingernails into the floor model and low and behold with
little pressure was able to put some distinct white scratches in the sink.
Most but not all of which did rub off with a little elbow grease.
We then stopped by Home Depot again and looked at the Pegasus sink again and
had to open up a new box with the sink in it, and found the sink had a huge
crack in it! I imagine it must have been dropped to have caused the crack.
But she did the same fingernail test again and once again it was easily
scratched.
Have you found that you need to be real careful when dropping silverware or
other metal pans and such into the sink?
Have you needed to or been able to buff out any small scratches that have
shown up?
I guess in 2 weeks time your probably still taking it real easy with the
sink.
Im now thinking i might be better off with either stainless or a black cast
iron.
I did find this link tonight that is kind of interesting in regards to
removing scratches in the 80/20 Granite sinks.
http://www.fhpsinks.com/P_Granite/P_Granite.html

I really like the look of the 80/20 granite sinks, and im thinking that for
$199 the Pegasus might be worth a shot?
Decisions decisions...