Julie

Default Moenstone Sink

"Mike" wrote

Anyone have a Moenstone Granite sink or maybe the Pegasys that can
share their experience?

I just put in a Pegasys sink two weeks ago:
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cri...&.dnm=9e44.jpg

.... and so far, so good. It was the same price as the 18-gauge
stainless sinks, so "ah, what the hell", decided to give it a try. The
black sure looks cool! It's huuuuge - it has the same standard
dimensions as the sink it replaced (33x22x8), but it's somehow a LOT
bigger/deeper. The drain holes are much closer to the center line than
the previous, so some re-plumbing was required underneath. Also, the
(bigger) tubs make for less maneuvering room underneath - definitely
install your faucet stuff before you drop the sink into the counter [1].

One maybe-drawback is that its surface is rougher than stainless, so it
may require a bit more scrubbing eventually. But, the rougher surface
will 'hide' things better than a shiny steel.

Just be careful knocking out the extra hole if you need it (it comes
pre-drilled with 3, and you can knock out in 3 other places). HD claims
they warranty it for life, according to the info sheet that came with
it.

JSH

[1] This should have worked well for me, but then the faucet connections
(Delta, see the recent faucet thread) went haywire and leaked all over,
so I ended up having to install another faucet from underneath anyway.
Ugh!.