Lost-In-Translation

Default water over septic tank

"weeG" wrote in message
news
In my case the tank was just pumped a couple of months back so I'm

thinking
my problem is output from the tank not input. The same process for either
direction into or out of the tank?

No, out of the tank goes into your leech field, you don't want to be
flooding that with water. After a good amount of time, a leech field can
become dirt/clay heavy instead of rock. When that happens your leech field
fails to do it's job properly. That's when you have to bring in the
backhoe, dig it all out and lay fresh rock, then cover it back up with
dirt/topsoil/sod.

Septic tanks work well when they work, but when they go whacko, it's never
an easy job.