Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default putting a header for a window

On Wed, 08 Jul 2020 21:48:11 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 07 Jul 2020 19:57:54 -0500, Markem
wrote:

On Tue, 07 Jul 2020 20:41:00 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Jul 2020 21:33:40 -0500, Markem
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Jul 2020 18:41:46 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Jul 2020 02:31:47 -0400, J. Clarke
wrote:

On Sun, 05 Jul 2020 14:10:39 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

on Sat, 04 Jul 2020 20:18:01 -0400 typed in
rec.woodworking the following:
That's only one of the problems living in a totalitarian city. Where
I've lived, they want an inspection when a building permit is needed
but otherwise it's not needed for electrical work. There is no need
for licensed electricians, either, as long as you're doing the work
for yourself. I've added, I think, eight circuits (two 240V) for my
shop. Unfinished basements are a big advantage. ;-)

I'm surprised that any jurisdiction allows that sort of
electrical work - without inspection.

What the city doesn't know about,the city doesn't know about.

... does your home insurance company feel the same ?

Same goes for the insurance co. I'm not saying it is a wise idea,
but not everybody without a State Issued Certification is a fumbled
fingered idiot. (And there are some people I'd rather have do the
work, than trust some random guy with the certificate.)

The annoying thing is having to go through after the random guy with
the certificate and FIX everything that he messed up.

Fix what? Messed up what? Residential electrical work isn't rocket
surgery, unless you live in Chicago, where everything needs to be in
thin-wall conduit, even if buried in the walls. I guess they think
that'll protect the wiring against random bullets.

Nah goes back to 1871. Or maybe it was the electrians union and the
NEC playing upon that fear.

No, using it as an excuse for graft.

Welcome to the Machine.

Exactly. That's why I don't live in a fascist state, like Illinois,
anymore.

Yep