Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Reclaimed Chestnut Lumber

Sonny on Wed, 8 Jul 2020 07:43:33 -0700 (PDT)
typed in rec.woodworking the following:

BTW, many of the reclaimed lumber places I've seen online not knowing
where your searches took you look to be quite pricey and to be living
off the green cult rather than being really market-driven pricing.

Pretty much everything you've said makes perfect sense. I had not evaluated it that way. Thanks.

It would be good if I could inspect the lumber. I've gotten pretty good at "repairing" defected lumber, especially for my generally rustic type projects. I'm of the mindset, though, that I can make almost any salvaged lumber look good for almost any project.

Neighbor is remodeling the garage. Part of it has full size 2x12
planks for flooring. Beautiful looking, but it has been laying on the
ground for ~100 years (House built in 1920). So, maybe some of it
could be turned into 1x12 planks. If I had a place to store it before
and after. And a saw capable of ripping a 2 x 12.
What would I use it for? Details! Something will come to mind.

--
pyotr filipivich