OxSc

Default Touch lamp not working when touched.

Steve wrote:
I have a table lamp which when touched is supposed to come on in 3
stages (dim, brighter, even brighter) after every touch by hand.

However, recently the bulb went and ever since relacing the bulb,
touching it has no effect on it.

Is there anything that can be done or have I lost the touch facility
forever?

Steve..

I vaguely remember from a few years ago a similar type of
touch-sensitive dimmer lamp that used a special two filament bulb. The
only external difference was that the bulb base had three contacts
rather than two. The two filaments were different wattages, so that four
light levels were available: 0, a, b, a+b. Your bulb holder doesn't
happen to have three "pins" rather than two....?