Posted to rec.woodworking

Default putting a header for a window

On Fri, 3 Jul 2020 07:23:59 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 7/2/2020 10:02 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

A typical "shed" is not subject to code in most localities you know.

I'd wager that isn't necessarily so, but the point isn't/wasn't whether
the particular is or isn't subject to Code.

It's at least reasonable to check on what UBC says is minimum just for
knowing whether one decides to follow or not.

Does sound somewhat skimpy depending upon just what it actually does
consist of in the upper "loft".

Personally I'm an engineer--I'm happy to do my own stress analysis.

But the fact is that none of us have enough information to answer the
question and so we should be asking for that information, not shooting
from the hip and giving answers that may be ludicrously
overconservative or may be dangerous depending on what he is actually
describing.

This is a "shed":
https://www.dday-overlord.com/en/battle-of-normandy/cities/ecausseville/airship-shed
So is this: