Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default putting a header for a window

I should have been clearer. While the original window was 8'
wide, the parts I'm repurposing are 2 feet wide. If I use both of
them, I have a 4 foot 2 inch span.

Or, since going to be behind the bench which I presume is well over 4'
in length, you could leave, say, 6-8" between the two and reduce header
height with the intermediary full-support studs between.

If have to bump out for the window depth anyway, frame in 2x6 instead
and you've got extra depth to make up for some height in the header as well.

Get by with just a doubled top plate that way...