Posted to sci.electronics.repair
legg legg is offline

Default Need a transistor for a '70s Zinger Color Organ

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 17:06:58 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hello. The Zinger is a six light alternating and flashing unit. It could run either on with varied speeds or connected to a speaker wire or radio output to pulse with the music. I am trying to fix this bedraggled old thing ... I know, glutton for punishment. Anyhow, the transistor (which is quite toasted) is a Toshiba FIR3D41. I can find no info online about this part or what the replacement might be. Based on what it is supposed to do, are there any suggestions for a replacement? It is 120v and the model number is 528. Thanks for any info !

Toshiba made an SF1R3D41 - Note '1' , not 'I'.

200V 2A SCR in TO202AB package ('R') - anode center pin

It has a normal (not sensitive) gate ~ 10mA.

"D" is the voltage. (B=100V, G=400V)

This from a xref published in Singapore in 1990 - the
only reference I could find, and I've got the Toshiba
catalog (where there's no mention of it).

Light 'chasers' were popular in the 70's, along with Disco . . .

You could use a Teccor S2006F1 through S6006F1 (200V -600V)
to replace it. Only the physical package is ~ uncommon.
Most TO220 types would function, if they could fit.

RL