Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] naglenz59@gmail.com is offline

Default Need a transistor for a '70s Zinger Color Organ

Hello. The Zinger is a six light alternating and flashing unit. It could run either on with varied speeds or connected to a speaker wire or radio output to pulse with the music. I am trying to fix this bedraggled old thing .... I know, glutton for punishment. Anyhow, the transistor (which is quite toasted) is a Toshiba FIR3D41. I can find no info online about this part or what the replacement might be. Based on what it is supposed to do, are there any suggestions for a replacement? It is 120v and the model number is 528. Thanks for any info !