Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] fynnashba@gmail.com is offline

Default ADM-3A Wonky Until Warm

On Friday, June 19, 2020 at 8:02:29 AM UTC+1, Tom Lake wrote:
I have an ADM-3A dumb terminal and when I first turn it on the display is squashed and the top line is mangled. After five minutes or so the display looks OK but is a little jumpy. After a few more minutes, the display is rock-solid and stays that way until the next time I turn it on cold. If I turn it off back on, the display is still fine as long as I don't let the ADM cool off first. Does anyone know what the problem might be? What to look for?

After all the remedies You may also check the tube base and its connectors