Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Caulking in the kitchen ...

wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 05:35:26 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 13:35:31 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

Last year I re-caulked the counter tops in the kitchen, now
a year later all the caulking has started to turn yellow.

I used Kitchen and bath white silicone caulking,
guaranteed not to mold, mildew are change
color. I don't know the brand.

What went wrong ?

You believed their claims and didnt keep the
receipt so you now can't hold their feet to the
fire and make them do a full refund and pay
for your wasted time.

They will just mail you a coupon for a free tube of caulk.

Not necessarily. Someone here had their high end Sony
TV fail in a few years, 3 or something and initially had
Sony offer them a discount on a replacement. When
he rubbed their nose in the fact that our consumer
law requires them to do much better than that, he
got a brand new latest model from Sony for free.

This isn't a TV but the coupons they send will cover the full retail
cost of stuff like batteries or caulk.

I just went through this with Duracell on their "10 year battery".
A sealed package was full of white powder and goo in about 6.

They have to pay for a new device if the battery ****ed that.

Maybe, good luck with that if it is something expensive but in my
case, these were still in the bubble card. No product was involved.
I really think the battery people have softened that guarantee to
replace anything their battery screws up because they all leak.

No they dont.

I find little difference between the name brands or the store brand at
places
like Costco. My guess is a couple of factories in Asia make them all.

Asia doesnt work like that.