Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Why are stairlifts so slow?

On Fri, 22 May 2020 06:30:04 +0100, Xeno wrote:

On 22/5/20 7:29 am, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 21 May 2020 12:47:55 +0100, Grumpy Old White Guy

Why are stairlifts so slow? A whole minute to get upstairs is not
acceptable for an old person desperate for the toilet.

Because most people have become pussified snowflakes, unwilling to
accept modest risk.

Agreed. Although in the case of the stairlift, at any speed you are
safe due to the supplied belt. If you don't use it, your fault not
theirs, so no compensation claim, nothing for them to worry about. And
they could even make it disable the motor if you don't fasten the belt.

But people have become incredibly illogical too. Ever notice all the
obese people wearing masks? Apparently it never occurred to them that
being obese was more of a threat than the Wuhan virus?

Agreed. Although I've seen nobody in the UK wearing a mask, we don't
bother.

Which is why you have high levels of contamination.

Which is the choice of each person.

And you clearly haven't been watching the stats, the UK rate dropped to a quarter when the world rate dropped to two thirds.

Maybe we're using what's called an immune system?

If they are so afraid of dying, why don't they change their diet and
lose some weight? The evidence is clear, metabolically healthy people
are largely unaffected by the Wuhan virus.

Agreed. When a fat person says they have a medical problem, I just say
"Eat. Less. Food." You don't need to change your diet, just eat less
of it. Or go for a run or something, it's not rocket science.