Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] bje@ripco.com is offline

Default Panasonic microwave, blown inverter board transformer

Cydrome Leader wrote:

Lol, I've wondered about the "sensor" in these things. I know can't be
related to any sort of device that measures anything. Must be marketing
speak or a weirdly translated word.

I don't think the "sensor" is a gimmick.

From what I ran across somewhere, it's like a humidity or moisture
measurement and really did/does work. I just had a 16~17 year old GE
over-the-range type that went out that used sensor cooking and now using a
$99 counter top model (1250W Magic Chef) that doesn't, I miss it.

I would of replaced the GE with a current model but it's a 2 man job and
with ye old pandemic, I figured the $99 special will suffice for now until
an assistant is found. What's odd with the break down is the keypad doesn't
work and it's not the keypad or ribbon cable.

About a month before I noticed the 3-6-9 buttons wouldn't do anything but
all the others were fine. Then one early morning, ComEd (local power
company) cut the power for about 10 minutes which reset the clock back to
the blinking 12 (actually I think it scrolls "Press clock to set time") and
that was that. No more workie. It does boot, plug it in, you get the beep
and even the "GE brings great things to life" scrolls on the display.

Everywhere I checked for parts (figured a new/used control panel) ended up
the same "Not in stock - No Longer Available".

Disappointing.

-bruce