Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Why are stairlifts so slow?

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0l30xlfdwdg98l@glass...
On Fri, 12 Jun 2020 04:38:36 +0100, Xeno wrote:

On 12/6/20 1:27 pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/11/2020 9:42 PM, Xeno wrote:
On 12/6/20 7:11 am, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0l2fkwzjwdg98l@glass...
On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 03:58:37 +0100, Xeno
wrote:

On 9/6/20 2:55 am, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Fri, 22 May 2020 22:26:09 +0100, Sam E
wrote:

On 5/21/20 12:45 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

Or maybe they realise that anyone with an incontence
problem would have something to **** in which isnt upstairs.

I consider it a bad idea to have a multi-level house without even
a half
bathroom on each level.

But if you bought the house when you were 20....

I am living in my 4th purchased item of real estate. A house
purchased
in my 20s would not suit my current needs. I sell and buy as my
needs
change through life.

I guess you're one of those who somehow managed to pay off the
mortgage of the 1st three.

You don't have to have paid off the mortgage to be able to change
houses, stupid.

True. We just put all our efforts into paying our mortgage(s) off asap.

Wow, I have to thank Mr. Rod for the laugh calling you stupid for paying
off your mortgage.

Rod is always a laugh and, a lot of the time, an embarrassment.

On my third house and, of course, no mortgage. My secont house started
at 15% and re-fi a couple of times. Can't say I've done everything
right over the years but I knew retirement would be much better with no
debt.

My thoughts precisely. Between owning a mortgage free house and a
superannuation pension, we live quite well.

The thought of renting into retirement was a real deterrent, as was a
mortgage into retirement. A couple we know, the husband into his early
70s, is still working because they have a $300k mortgage. Not an
enviable position at all and not one I would want to be in.

What bank leant him money at that age?

All of ours do and they mostly will lend you money on
your fully paid off house with them getting a percentage
of the value of the house when you die too.