Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Why are stairlifts so slow?

On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 04:14:53 +0100, Xeno wrote:

On 9/6/20 6:44 am, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 21:19:24 +0100, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article op.0lwrwtpywdg98l@glass, says...

There are plenty old folk who don't even have a mobile phone, let
alone a smartphone, or know how to do fancy **** like that. My next
door neighbour doesn't even have an internet connection! You really
do live in a world of your own.

Just like someone in the Federal Government stated when it came to the
medicare insurance. They said the people could look it up on the
internet. I bet half of the ones on medicare don't have the internet,
or if they do would never find the information.

I was once told to fax details about my broken fax modem to the supplier.

I was told to inform the service provider when callers couldn't get
through to my mobile. Hmm, how was I to know I was even called until the
caller informed me long after the event that he/she couldn't get through.

It could be quicker than that. Your local friend or neighbour phones, then comes round to your house when you don't answer but he knows you're in. Or you're expecting a call at a certain time, then call them when they don't.