Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Warped Bamboo Cutting Board - Can It Be Flattened?

DerbyDad03 on Wed, 10 Jun 2020 09:51:02 -0700
(PDT) typed in rec.woodworking the following:
Can this be fixed? If so...how?

https://i.imgur.com/1MVvQMW.jpg

I first noticed it this morning and when I asked SWMBO, she said the same
thing. She doesn't recall soaking it or leaving it in a shallow puddle or
anything like that. One day it was flat, then it wasn't.

My own suspicion is that the "top" side absorbed moisture from
what was being cut on it, or from being wiped down. Or an increase in
humidity and the damp air was not able to get to the "bottom".
Regardless one side ("the top") was able to absorb more than the other
resulting in differential expansion.
My recommendation would be to wet the bottom, or just turn it
over. In the future, you might want to store them so that there is
even air flow on both sides, so that both sides get to absorb / dry
"evenly".

Other options for fixing it might include wetting it down, and
then putting a cast iron pot on the bow to force it down. Might.
--
pyotr filipivich