Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Warped Bamboo Cutting Board - Can It Be Flattened?

On 6/10/2020 12:51 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Can this be fixed? If so...how?

https://i.imgur.com/1MVvQMW.jpg

I first noticed it this morning and when I asked SWMBO, she said the same
thing. She doesn't recall soaking it or leaving it in a shallow puddle or
anything like that. One day it was flat, then it wasn't.

Easy to do. Heat a rectangular pan of water t0 117 to 119 degrees.
Face the short end of the pan north if you do it before 6 PM, south
after 6 PM. Lay the board in the water for 8 1/5 minutes, basting
constantly.

Remove board from the pan and place it in the garage or driveway. convex
side up, and park the car with left front wheel on it for three days.
Repeat as needed.