Posted to rec.woodworking
ads[_2_] ads[_2_] is offline

Default Warped Bamboo Cutting Board - Can It Be Flattened?

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 12:26:48 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 2:50:08 PM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 2:29:16 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 6/10/2020 11:51 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Can this be fixed? If so...how?

https://i.imgur.com/1MVvQMW.jpg

I first noticed it this morning and when I asked SWMBO, she said the same
thing. She doesn't recall soaking it or leaving it in a shallow puddle or
anything like that. One day it was flat, then it wasn't.

If you only use one side attach, with elongated screw slots, attach
straightening feet/runners on the bottom.

I'm not sure which side is curved, the top or the bottom. I wouldn't want to
fix the wrong side.

Ack! Thppt! (channeling Bill The Cat)

That's the largest of a set of 3. The other 2 are beginning to warp also.

Light weight and SWMBO likes cutting on them, but obviously they have issues.
It's still interesting that they all just started warping at the same time.

There's more humidity now than during the winter, which is when they were
bought. I'm going to blame it on that.

Several days of rain or otherwise high humidity in the house?

Since all are affected, were the boards together where water could
drip on them from above (leak of some kind)?

Leaned against the toaster?