Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Warped Bamboo Cutting Board - Can It Be Flattened?

On Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 1:32:49 PM UTC-4, Sonny wrote:
On Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 12:26:27 PM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:
On Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 11:51:07 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Can this be fixed? If so...how?

https://i.imgur.com/1MVvQMW.jpg

I first noticed it this morning and when I asked SWMBO, she said the same
thing. She doesn't recall soaking it or leaving it in a shallow puddle or
anything like that. One day it was flat, then it wasn't.

You, essentially, reverse the cause of the problem. Put it outside in the sun, convex side up. It will likely flatten out again.

Sonny

The cutting board may have been left exposed in/near the window, where sunlight shone on it, heating/drying the concave side. If that was the case, then dampen the concave side.

Sonny

Maybe the heat source was from something else, but a window related
occurrence wouldn't fit my kitchen situation. Northern exposure, treed
yard, one window over the sink, etc.

Maybe the under-the-counter LED strips? ;-)