Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Why are stairlifts so slow?

On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 23:40:46 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0lwxrmlhwdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 22:11:11 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 6/8/20 11:32 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:

[snip]

I never did understand why people would build a house with all the
bedrooms upstairs. Fine maybe for the younger, but not the older.

Because the bedrooms are the least accessed room. Makes sense to put
kitchen, lounge, bathroom downstairs to reduce the number of times you
go up and down the stairs.

You need bathrooms on both levels.

Only when you're old.

Nope, its much more convenient when you arent old too.

Not for me. Running up and down stairs is no different to going along a hall.

The only multistory house I lived in for long had full bathrooms
on both levels and bedrooms on both levels too, the master bedroom
on the top level. Full kitchens and main rooms on both levels too.

More than one kitchen. WTF? Didn't that cause more problems, like keeping double the amount of food fresh?

Corse it wasn't a pokey little terrace house like so many of you lot have.

I agree those should never be built. Every house should be detached. If there's no room for more houses, then stop having kids! Condoms aren't that expensive FFS.

I was born in a house with the bathroom only upstairs. Never found it a
problem walking or running up the stairs to use it.

But much more convenient to have one on each level.

The only problem was sharing one bathroom between 4!

And the same with dunnys.

That's what I was referring to, but without using the lower class criminal Aussie language.

If someone was having a shower, you could be tightening your muscles for a
while.

And with a bath even longer.

********. You can have either for as long as you want.

Especially annoying when you need to go in the middle of the night,
usually woken up by someone having a shower, then having to stay awake
until they've finished.

Never had that in any house with just one bathroom.

Why not? Heavy sleeper? Cast iron bladder?