Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andrew[_29_] Andrew[_29_] is offline

Default Panasonic microwave, blown inverter board transformer

On 2020-06-08 17:04, wrote:
OK. On the one hand:

Purchase new Board: US$25 + shipping
Install New Board: 2 hours work

It all works: All good!

Magnetron is bad: Purchase new Magnetron for US$65 + shipping
Install new Magnetron: 2 hours work.

It wall works: 4 hours + US$90 + shipping.

On the other hand, a brand new 1,000 watt microwave: US$150, complete with warranty.

I admire your wish to reduce landfill, but I have to wonder at the investment in a 10 year old device that is heavily used by your own description.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Thanks. I would feel sad if I hadn't made an attempt. A new one would be
a bit more expensive though because it's an oven and grill combi. Hate
that it seems so simple to fix if only I could find the correct board to
plug in

Andrew