Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike S[_4_] Mike S[_4_] is offline

Default Panasonic microwave, blown inverter board transformer

On 6/8/2020 9:04 AM, wrote:
OK. On the one hand:

Purchase new Board: US$25 + shipping
Install New Board: 2 hours work

It all works: All good!

Magnetron is bad: Purchase new Magnetron for US$65 + shipping
Install new Magnetron: 2 hours work.

It wall works: 4 hours + US$90 + shipping.

On the other hand, a brand new 1,000 watt microwave: US$150, complete with warranty.

I admire your wish to reduce landfill, but I have to wonder at the investment in a 10 year old device that is heavily used by your own description.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Farberware Classic 1.1 cu. ft .1000-Watt Microwave Oven $99.99
Farberware Classic 0.9 cu. ft. 900-Watt Microwave Oven $89.99

https://www.hsn.com/shop/50-99-range...es/ho0514-6664